Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Newborn Stocking Caps x 2

**The Tutorial for this pattern is now up!  Check it out here!**

Featured on
Pincushion Creations

Lately my tutorial on crocheted long stocking caps has been getting a lot of interest thanks to Pinterest.  {Thank you Pinterest!}  Which is exciting, but also a little scary.  I was still fairly new to crocheting when I wrote it and it was one of the first things I ever figured out on my own and wrote a tute for. Yikes!!

I've made several newborn versions of these hats recently for my sister's new floral shop, and have made some improvements to my pattern.  Here's a favorite...


Notice anything?  Like there are two of the same hat?  There's a reason for that.  I'm expecting, not one, but TWO bundles of joy!  This has been one of the main reasons for my hiatus from my blog this summer.  We found out the beginning of June that I was pregnant {YAY!}.  However, the end of the month brought a miscarriage scare.  Imagine our relief/shock when the doctor told us that not only was everything fine, but that there were two little ones baking in my belly.


And you can guess by the pink and brown theme of the hats that they are both girls.  My poor husband.  He's about as "male" as you can get, and now he's going to be raising three girls.  As he says, the problem with having girls is that you don't have just one boy to worry about, but ALL of the boys to worry about.



I can't wait to put these little hats on them for some newborn pictures.  But, wait...yes I can...I'm not ready for them to be here yet!!  There's still so much to do.  I'm 28 weeks along and already huge and uncomfortable {note that I'm 5 foot nothing, so there's not much room for these babies}.  You would think that would make me want them here sooner rather than later.  But I have quilts, dresses, car seat covers, and so many other things to make!!  I also have Christmas gifts to make for my two year old.  Then there's the fact that I don't want them here before their little bodies are good and able to function without machines.




So keep watching for a revised tutorial of crocheted long stocking caps, as well as some cute baby photos.

5 comments:

  1. Darling! Those long tails are adorable. Congratulations to you!

    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
    Wildly Original link party is open

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats girl!!! Twins, it's going to be a lot of work but so worth it. Your little hats are adorable as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So CUTE. I pinned onto 3 of my pinterest boards:) Following your blog posts now. Follow me too at www.sewsweetvintage.com. I posted dolled up to the party:)
    http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2012/11/dolled-up-for-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! How exciting to be expecting twins!! And those stocking caps are just adorable!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!