Friday, January 6, 2012

A Trifecta Weekend

It's a drill weekend (my husband's in the National Guard) which means it's mostly me and my little one for the next few days.  I've been making the best of it by working on projects!

There's been some of this...

This hats actually for me!  This is the first hat I have actually crocheted for myself.  I need to buy a little more yarn before it's done.  I'm excited though.

And this...


Quilt piecing.  I'm working on another baby quilt for a friend that is due in the Spring.  I'm ahead of the game on this one.  They're having a little boy, and it was challenging finding material that I liked for a little boy, but I'm loving what I found.  Some of it is Farm Yard Friends by Studio e.  I bought what little of the line was left at my local shop, but I might have to order more for myself.

And a little of this...

This is the infamous chair from my exploding eggs post.  I'm finally getting around to staining it!  Tomorrow I'll put the last coat of polyurethane on it.  Then all I'll have to do is cover the seat.  That's another story though.  I've already recovered the seat once, but it needs to be redone.  I'll save that story for another post.  :)

My daughter and I have also spent plenty of time playing outside and reading books.  In fact while I was staining the chair I lost her for a minute only to discover that she had climbed ALL the way to the top of our play thing (it's two stories and she's only 18 months old).  Which meant she had to climb up a ladder to get there.  Scary!  Darn little dare devil.

What a FANTASTIC way to spend the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!