Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Wall Hanging

After I finished my first quilt I decided it would be fun to do a Christmas quilt wall hanging so I started looking around for patterns.  I came across the Little Forest Quilt on the purl bee and thought it would be perfect for my new quilting skills.  (And it's free!)

It's a great project for scraps, but that didn't stop me from cutting little bits off of large pieces of material.  What can I say, my scrap collection is small at this point.  :)  It came together so quick!



I decided to do a scrappy binding and love how it looks.  I also tried my hand at ditch quilting, and was surprised at how tricky it was.  I mean, come one, how hard is it too sew a straight line?  Apparently pretty difficult.  :)



I'm still playing around with different branches.  I can't find one I'm thrilled about.  The pattern also suggests using a large knitting needle to hang it, but I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on one, even with a 50% off coupon.  

6 comments:

  1. This is really pretty. It would be totally beyond my skill level to make anything so gorgeous.

    Would be great if you would also share this at my 3rd ever Christmas link up:

    http://twelvecraftsofchristmas.blogspot.com

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wallhanging and you are right....stitching in the ditch is actually harder than free-motion quilting as far as I am concerned! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the branch and your quilt is adorable too! Awesome job, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for the compliments! It was a fun project to work on, and it went much too quickly. :) @Rosie - I visited your site last week to link up, but couldn't find an "open" link party. Let me know if there's another one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you this week. Thank you for linking up; this is seriously skilled!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so very clever, Britt... a beautiful wall hanging!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!