Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Great Learning Experience - Toddler Vest & Hat









A friend borrowed some patterns for infant/toddler clothes to me.  One was Simplicity Pattern #5316   which included an adorable hooded vest and winter hat.  I found some cozy giraffe print fleece at JoAnns, and went to work.

I started with the hat and it came together pretty quickly.  It was my first time working with patterns using notches, so it took me a few minutes to figure them out, but otherwise it was a simple pattern.  (Not that notches aren't simple, they were just new to me.)

Then I moved on to the vest.  It's a cute little hooded vest with pockets on the front.  It was a FANTASTIC learning experience.  It was my first time sewing a hood, pockets, working with bias tape, and adding a zipper.  I was happy with the results!





Playing in the first snow of the year.  There wasn't much, but
we made it count!

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! What a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Great job. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I love animal prints :) Would love for you to come link up to Trendy Tots at http://areal-lifehousewife.blogspot.com/2012/01/what-she-wore-wednesday-trendy-tots_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!