Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

I'd be remiss if I didn't take a moment to show gratitude to all those who have served and still serve our country.  Here in the United States it is Memorial Day.  A day first established to remember those who have served our country in the armed forces, especially those who have given the ultimate sacrifice.  We also take to the time to remember our loved ones who have passed.

I truly feel blessed to live in the country that I do.  There are many other places that I would love to visit and explore, but ultimately this will always be where I feel I belong.  We enjoy many freedoms and conveniences here that other countries can only dream about.  We are able to enjoy those freedoms because of all those who have fought to keep this country free.

I'm blessed to be surrounded by those who have served or are currently serving.  To name just a few:

My Grandpa Marrone was in the Air Corps in WWII.

He was quite the Italian Stallion.  No wonder he won my grandma's heart.
My Father-in-Law served during Vietnam.


One of my brother-in-law's just commissioned in the Air Force.


When they commission they get to choose someone to give them their first salute.  He chose my hubby.


And my husband currently serves full-time in the National Guard.


All of us on the Howitzer he is Chief over.

His Battalion recently hosted a Family Day where we got to see them shoot their Howitzers.  It was fun to actually get to see them in action and see what they do.

Today my husband and I spent a simple Memorial Day by going to a memorial honoring some of those who have served in our small community.  My husband's name, his dad's, and one of his brother's are all included on the monument.  It's only about 10 miles away from us, but I had never gone to see it.






She found a puddle near the monument and was in HEAVEN!!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!

{PS - If my husband knew I posted all these pictures of him I'd be in trouble.  So ssshhhh!}

2 comments:

  1. Thank you to all the military members of your family for protecting our freedom! And to you and others who support and love them while serving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this with us at Seasonal Celebration.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!