Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Works in Progress

Here are some of my projects I am currently working on.  Maybe one day I learn to finish a few before I start 10 more...



These first two are of a children's bench my mom gave me.  I've taken it apart, and sanded and stained the wood slats.  I just need to take the medal parts over to my father-in-laws so I can sand blast them to clean them up.  Then I'll put it back together and it will no longer be a work in progress!


This will be a ladder bookshelf.  It's my own design and if all goes well I'll create a tutorial for it.  I need to make the shelves, paint and prime everything, and then I can finish putting it together.


I have had a bunch of fabric from the Dandelion Daydream line forever.  When I say the Retro Flowers Quilt pattern I finally knew what I wanted to do with the fabric!  Sadly, this is all I have done.  Only one petal.  Just 63 petals to go!  I also used Dandelion Daydream for this apron.


This is my current crochet project.  I almost always have a crochet or knitting project going.  This will be a baby bear cocoon and will have a matching hat.


And finally, my zig zag quilt top.  This is going to be a gift for some friends who are not finding out the gender of their baby.  Love this design as it works for a boy or girl!  I may have to make me one...

18 comments:

  1. Hi there - popping over from Freshly Pieced! I love your zig-zag quilt... the colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I'm loving all of your projects this week. I've been wanting to try a zigzag quilt and that one is perfect for a new baby! I've seen a lot of those cocoons lately they're pretty adorable, especially with a matching hat! Hurray for WiP Wednesday and finding more blogs to love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the zig zag quilt top, SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! It makes me want to learn how to quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo love that quilt design. I've never made a quilt before but it's on my to-do list for 2012. And I just love zig zags!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the pattern and colors for the zig zag quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you've got me convinced I am going to have to make one of those zigzag quilts. Yours is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt is going to be gorgeous! It is absolutely perfect for any baby no matter the gender. I would be happy to have one for my bed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the zig zag top--that is on my list of things to do right now--right up there with EVERYTHING else, but yours turned out adorable!!

    Shannon@SewSweetCottage

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do this all the time too. Get something started, something else catches my attention,oops. Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great projects! I love the zig zag quilt! So cute! Thanks so much for sharing this as well at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quilt is adorable. I LOVE it. I'm excited to follow your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great works in progress there! Love the zig-zag quilt!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful zig zag quilt top- all these projects are impressive! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Natural Mother's “Seasonal Celebration Sunday.” Hope to see you again this Sunday / Monday!! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am the same way, I always have too many projects going on at once. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!