Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Kitty Headband and Gloves

On my post for the Striped Fingerless Gloves I mentioned I was starting some more for another niece.  The red and black ones were for her sister, so I didn't want to leave her out.  I began searching for a different pattern to try and I came across these on Ravelry {Love that site!}.


This little niece LOVES animals, especially cats and dogs.  However, I was worried she was maybe getting a little too old for something like this.  I emailed the link to her mom to run it by her and she agreed that they were perfect for her.
Looking at the photos, I wish I would have put the ears
closer together.  Oh well!
These went considerably quicker since I wasn't switching colors so often and doing the fair isle pattern.  After checking my gauge I decided to use a little larger needle than the pattern called for.  I think I ended up using a size 9 instead of 7.  But when it came to making the pads for the hands they were WAY too big so I dropped down to a smaller size again.
I debated on making the headband, but decided, what the heck!  Even if she didn't wear it it would be a good learning experience for me. Luckily she likes it and says she will wear it sometimes.  Her older sister even said she would wear it too.   Cute girls!
She is VERY shy so getting her to take pictures was not easy.  I tried to get her to hiss and growl and do some claw hands for me, but she just giggled.  I did finally get her to somewhat attempt the claw hands.
As I was editing the photo I realized she was even wearing a kitty
shirt that day!  How appropriate!
I'm pretty sure she like them as she kept the gloves on for most of the family party that day!


9 comments:

  1. So CUTE!!! Love it! I like how the gloves are fingerless. Thanks so much for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..these are so cute! So glad that you shared. Thanks for helping make Things I've Done Thursday a success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!! I LOVE the cat ear headband to go with the wristlets. She sure looks happy in them. Your knitting looks like it is going well. Great job. Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute little gloves! and great photos too!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! New follower here - hope you will come visit and follow as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the paw prints on the underside. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tweeted this- they're gorgeous and your niece does a great job showing them off to perfection:-) Thank you very much for sharing this with us on Seasonal Celebration Sunday! Rebecca @ Natural Mothers Network x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!